Remote access and device management for baseboard service processors.
Avocent MergePoint® EMS allows original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and original design manufacturers (ODM) the ability to implement powerful, remote access and device management functionality on platforms designed to support baseboard service processors.
MergePoint EMS supports the latest industry standards such as IPMI 2.0, DCMI, PMBus and Avocent’s widely-adopted, embedded KVM and virtual media technologies.
Customers benefit from a mature solution that can be quickly integrated with their platform portfolio, reducing bill of material (BOM) costs and time to market (TTM) while increasing product differentiation.
Features and Benefits
- High-Performance KVM - Capture, compress, encrypt and transmit KVM streams
- Seamless KVM and Virtual Media - Sessions are maintained during power cycling or when the server is turned off, with no requirement to restart sessions
- Silicon Independence - Easy to extend and port to multiple silicon cores including PowerPC®, ARM7/9, StrongARM/XScale, H8S, SH4 and MIPS, with ports for various operating systems including Linux®
- Powerful, Integrated Console - Embedded web server simplifies administration
- Fast Time-to-Revenue - An off-the-shelf design that includes robust development tools for easy integration and extension
Application Development Package
MergePoint EMS Advanced Development Package (ADP) is a software development kit (SDK) that decreases time to market for the OEMs and ODMs by facilitating the server platform customization and addition of OEM-specific features. ADP allows OEMs and ODMs to architect and implement differentiating manageability features, while minimizing the engineering development time needed to enable standard manageability functions.
ADP is delivered in the form of a customized release targeted at, and optimized for, an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) platform, but the programming interface and most features are common across platforms. This enables engineers to easily move from one platform to another, leveraging the expertise acquired and increasing engineering efficiencies. MergePoint EMS ADP for a given platform is a complete SDK and includes firmware libraries, complete build environment, development utilities and documentation.
Avocent Professional Services
Avocent’s Professional Services Team provides a full range of services that include implementation services, customization services to meet your specific needs, training and custom service offerings. Our services team brings a wealth of experience developing embedded software for some of the world’s largest server and device manufacturers.